VAPNA is organized for educational purposes to advance, support and promote the role of the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN).
The goals of this organization are to:
- Provide continuing education programs for the APN
- Educate the public regarding the role of the APN
- Establish channels of communication and cooperation with other groups who share the purpose and vision of VAPNA
- Act as a resource for APN’
- Provide educational scholarships for APN students attending local nurse practitioner schools.